Monday 14 December 2009

Does pink stink?

I have just seen a title that struck me, "Does pink stink?"
I am one of those mums that was totally against buying any pink clothes for my little girl. Before she was born my partner and I decided that we would not 'stick her in pink' saying that it was too trashy and we hated it.

How wrong I was...

After she was born we soon came to realise that pink was the very colour she looked absolutely adorable in and quite frankly I couldn't get enough of it. A fear that also drove me was that putting her in any other colour without something pink on made her look like a boy. This was scuppered because one day a woman looked at her dressed in a pink coat and trousers and said,
"How old is he love?" Well you win some and you lose some.

2 comments:

  1. Haha - I love that when people don't know the sex of your child. My son (5 now) was kept out of blue clothes but was clearly dressed as a boy and still people called him a cute little girl! I like to think if we had a daughter we would keep her out of pink too but my nieces are very girlie girls and they look so cute in pinks and purples so who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Star,
    I have two mummy friends who have just had their second child both girls. Both were adamant about the pink thing too but they succumbed. I tell ya, it was stronger than me.
    VB.

    ReplyDelete